2 Way Spanning Slab Analysis Spreadsheet
BS8110 provides a guide for undertaking analysis of simple slabs spanning in two directions, subject to universally distributed loads (UDL). This spreadsheet undertakes these calculations and returns design moments for use during detailed design.
- Universally Distributed Load (UDL)
- Dead Load
- Imposed Load
- Factor of Safety (Dead)
- Factor of Safety (Imposed)
- Simply Supported Slab
- Restrained Slab
- Continuously Supported
- Discontinuously Supported
The Spreadsheet includes the following functions;
- Can model internal slabs of any dimensions
- Can model slabs with any combination of edge conditions
- Can model simply supported or restrained slabs
- Can model slabs subject to any UDL loading arrangement
- Returns values for maximum design moment which can then be taken into a detailed design program
- Returns values for the loading on the supporting beams which can then be taken into a beam analysis program such as CivilWeb's Single Span Beam Analysis and then to a detailed beam design program
- Calculates the design maximum bending moment and shear force for a simply supported beam on the continuously supported edges.
Get the full license version now for only £10.
All purchases are covered by our full money back guarantee.
This spreadsheet undertakes an analysis of a user defined continuous spanning beam subject to a variety of user defined loading conditions. It returns values for moment, shear, deflection and rotation of each span of the beam.