The CivilWeb Steel Design Spreadsheet Suite comprises an incredible collection of steel design spreadsheets. In total more than 200 separate excel sheets are included covering the design of steel beams, columns and connections of any kind in accordance with Eurocode BS EN 1993 or AISC standards. Each design sheet includes comprehensive details of standard steel sections from US and European standards, and unique design and analysis features which enable the designer to complete an optimised design in minutes. Our best value suite can be purchased here for only £49.99.
The CivilWeb Steel Design Spreadsheet Suite includes the following spreadsheets;
- Steel Beam Design Spreadsheet Suite – This collection of more than 75 different spreadsheets includes everything required for the design of almost any steel beam in accordance with the Eurocode BS EN 1993 or AISC standards. Includes all US and European standard beams and can design for biaxial, shear and buckling forces. Also includes our CivilWeb Castellated Beam Design Spreadsheet. The AISC spreadsheets are available in either metric or US units.
- Steel Column Design Spreadsheet Suite – This similar suite of spreadsheets includes more than 35 separate sheets for the design of steel columns. Again this suite includes Eurocode and AISC standards and section sizes. The spreadsheets can be used to design compressive or tension members including biaxial bending and shear forces. The AISC spreadsheets are available in either metric or US units.
- Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet – This suite of spreadsheets includes more than 40 different excel sheets for the design of connections in typical steel frames. This includes end plate, fin plate, splice, welded and moment connections as well as base plate design and bolt group analysis. Connections are designed in accordance with BS EN 1993-1-8.
- Cold Formed Steel Design Spreadsheet – This suite of spreadsheets includes more than 20 different design sheets for the design of cold formed steel sections. This includes Z purlins, C purlins, Channel sections and Angle sections. These spreadsheets complete the designs in accordance with either the Eurocode BS EN 1993 or BS 5950-5.
- Steel Section Properties Excel Spreadsheets - This extensive set of spreadsheets include full section property information for all standard steel sections used in UK, European, US and Indian design standards. The suite also includes detailed calculation spreadsheets which can be used to determine all the design properties for non-standard sections of any size or shape.
Steel Design Service
We also have a service of standard beam design calculations which we can complete for you. These are fully insured calculations completed by our Chartered Civil/Structural Engineers, suitable for Building Control. Visit our Steel Beam Calculations for Building Control page for further information.
Steel Design Spreadsheets
The CivilWeb Steel Design Excel Sheets include a number of unique features designed to enable the user to complete a steel design as quickly and easily as possible, and also to ensure that the designer is able to optimise the steel design as far as is possible.
Each design spreadsheet is presented in a specially designed user friendly format. The inputs required from the user are shown clearly with explanations where required and notation consistent with the Eurocode or AISC standards. The spreadsheets also include dynamic drawings of the sections being designed including key dimensions. This prevents the designer from accidentally entering the wrong section for analysis and can also be used to help specify the required section after the design is complete.
The spreadsheets come with comprehensive pre-set details of all the sections required. This includes thousands of different sections, all the standard sections in US or European standards. They include all the geometric or design properties required for the design of the section or connection. They also include details of bolts, welds and any other required details. This removes the need for the designer to use any other spreadsheets or reference information in order to correctly input all the right details. In most cases the designer simply selects the required section from a list of appropriate sections and the spreadsheet automatically selects all the correct dimensions and design properties for that section.
The CivilWeb Steel Design XLS Spreadsheets include unique analysis tools to ensure that the steel designs are optimised. In many cases the unique section picker tool will tell the designer exactly which section is best suited to the design conditions. The designer can simply pick the best section straight away, saving a lot of iterative calculations. Other spreadsheets include our analysis graphs which show the designer exactly how any alterations to the key design parameters will affect the design. This allows the designer to see exactly where the design can be optimised.
CivilWeb Steel Design Spreadsheets
The CivilWeb Steel Design Spreadsheet Suite is an enormously detailed collection of hundreds of design spreadsheets covering the full range of typical steel design tasks. This includes all the tools required for most beam, column and connection designs. The suite also includes thousands of section details and all the tools required for steel design without needing to refer to section tables or other standards. Unique design tools also allow the designer to optimise the design in accordance with the Eurocode or AISC standards in minutes.