The CivilWeb Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet Suite is a comprehensive collection of steel connection design spreadsheets. The suite includes more than 40 separate design sheets for the design of steel connections in accordance with the Eurocode BS EN 1993-1-8. Together this unique suite allows the designer to complete the design of any commonly used steel connections including moment connections, welds and base plate designs. Each design sheet includes special analysis features enabling the designer to complete optimised steel connection designs in minutes. The Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet can be purchased for only £29.99.
Or why not buy our best value bundle? Our Full Steel Design Spreadsheet Suite can be purchased at the bottom of this page for only £49.99. This suite includes all of our steel design spreadsheets and represents an incredible saving of 66%. This suite can also be purchased at the bottom of this page.
Steel connections are required in almost every steel frame structure. The purpose of the connections is to transfer the design forces and moments from the beams into the columns, and base plate connections transfer these forces from the columns into the underlying concrete foundations.
Steel connections can take many forms including bolted connections such as end plate, flange plate and base and cap plates and welded connections.
The CivilWeb Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet XLS Suite includes all the following design spreadsheets;
- End Plate Connection Design Excel Spreadsheet – This suite of 9 different design sheets can be used to design any commonly used end plate connection including full depth and partial depth end plate connections attached to either the column web or the column flange. The suite also includes extended end plate moment connections as well.
- Fin Plate Connection Design Spreadsheet – Two different design sheets are included for the design of fin plate connections to either column webs or column flanges.
- Moment Connection Design Spreadsheet – This suite includes 12 different design sheets for the design of moment connections. It includes end plates, beam to beam spliced connections, welded moment connections and moment base plate connections.
- Splice Connection Design Spreadsheet – This spreadsheet includes 6 different sheets for the design of splice connections between two columns or two beams. Includes tension splices, bearing and non-bearing column splices.
- Bracing Connection Design Spreadsheet – This spreadsheet includes two different sheets for T stub connections for RHS or CHS bracing members in tension.
- Weld Design Spreadsheet – This suite includes five different design sheets for the design of fillet welds and welded moment connections including compression or tension stiffeners.
- Base Plate Design Spreadsheet – This suite includes 5 different spreadsheets for the design of pinned and moment connections for I shaped columns and hollow column sections.
- Anchor Bolt Design Spreadsheet – This spreadsheet includes two separate sheets for the design of single and multiple arrangements of bolts. This can be used for the design of any bolt groups.
Each spreadsheet is built in a user friendly format with inputs and results shown in a neat and clear calculation sheet style. Each spreadsheet includes a fully dynamic drawing of the proposed connection to scale. This makes any input errors obvious to the user and prevents any confusion regarding which input is which, you don’t need to be familiar with the Eurocode standard notations.
The spreadsheets are built with a comprehensive set of background information depending on the connection being designed. The spreadsheets include detailed geometric and design information on more than 1,000 RHS & SHS, 900 CHS and more than 500 I shaped sections including UB, UC, UBP, HE, IPE, HD, HLZ, HL and HP sections.
The spreadsheets also come pre-loaded with 29 different standard bolts sizes as well as the opportunity to alter the standard details to suit any non-standard bolt types being used.
Each CivilWeb Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet XLS includes unique design analysis tools which you cannot find anywhere else. These include analysis graphs and charts which show the designer the effects of any alterations to the main design parameters such as bolt diameter and plate thickness. This enables the designer to see at a glance exactly where the connection design can be optimised. This saves the designer from having to repeat the calculations many times in order to check whether the design can be optimised.
CivilWeb Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet XLS Suite
The CivilWeb Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet XLS Suite is a comprehensive collection of design spreadsheets covering all aspects of steel connection design. The suite includes more than 40 different design sheets to provide a truly comprehensive collection. Each spreadsheet completes the calculations instantly and includes unique design analysis charts which allow the designer to complete a fully Eurocode BS EN 1993-1-8 compliant and optimised design in minutes.
Buy the CivilWeb Steel Connection Design Spreadsheet Suite now for only £29.99.
Or why not buy our best value bundle, the full CivilWeb Steel Design Suite which includes all of our steel design spreadsheets for only £49.99, a saving of 66%.
Download Free Trial Version
To try out the free trial version of this software, please enter your email address below to sign up to our newsletter and we will send your free version now.