The CivilWeb Steel Section Properties Excel Suite is a comprehensive collection of spreadsheets for determining the section properties of any steel section. The suite allows the designer to choose any standard steel section from US, European, UK or Indian steel standards and the spreadsheets will return the full design and geometric details for the section. The suite includes in total more than 22,000 different steel sections from all over the world and including historical standard sections going back more than 150 years. The suite also includes spreadsheets which can calculate design parameters for any non-standard steel section types. The CivilWeb Steel Section Properties Excel Suite can be purchased here for only £29.99.
Or why not buy our best value bundle? Our Full Steel Design Spreadsheet Suite can be purchased at the bottom of this page for only £49.99. This suite includes all of our steel design spreadsheets and represents an incredible saving of 66%. This suite can also be purchased at the bottom of this page.
Steel Section Information
When designing new steel frames or analysing the strengths of existing steel members, designers need to ascertain a great deal of geometrical and design information about the steel sections. When designing a new section the designer must choose a standard sized member in most cases, sometimes hundreds of potential members could be chosen. The CivilWeb Steel Section Properties Spreadsheet Suite includes full design and geometrical details for all standard sections included in US, UK, European and Indian design standards, a total of over 6,000 up to date sections and more than 16,000 historical sections.
The design or analysis of a steel member then requires the designer to have detailed knowledge of the dimensions and design properties of the section considered. For design of new members, the designer may need to try many different section sizes in order to get a suitable and economical design. The CivilWeb Steel Section Properties XLS Suite includes all the published design information for every section and allows the designer to very quickly switch between sections in order to choose the one best suited to the design conditions. These designer parameters are included in both metric and imperial US units for the AISC sections.
Standard Steel Section Information
The CivilWeb Steel Section Properties Excel Suite includes the following information on standard steel sections;
- European Steel Section Properties Excel Spreadsheet – This suite includes full section properties for more than 3,500 standard UK and European steel sections, spreads over 29 different section types.
- Historical Steel Section Properties XLS – This suite includes historical steel section information from the UK and Europe going back more than 150 years. This can be used to find information on older existing steel members.
- AISC Steel Section Properties Spreadsheet – This suite of spreadsheets includes up to date information on AISC steel sections including the 15th More than 2,000 different section sizes are included with 14 different section types. All these section details are shown in either metric or US units.
- AISC Historical Shapes Excel – This collection of historical steel section information includes legacy AISC information on over 16,000 different sections over the last 100 years. It includes superseded AISC editions, LRFD guides 1, 2 and 3, ASD guides 5-9 and other historical information from manufacturers such as Bethlehem Steel, Carnegie Steel and US Steel.
- Indian Steel Section Properties Spreadsheet – This suite is a collection of steel section information taken from Indian standards IS 808, IS 4923 and IS 1161. More than 500 current steel sections are included.
Built Up Section Properties Calculator Spreadsheet
As well as comprehensive information on standard steel sections, the CivilWeb Steel Section Properties XLS Suite includes a powerful series of section property calculators for non-standard steel sections. This allows the designer to input any dimensions for any steel section shape and determine the design properties for that section, including centroid location, moment of inertia or 2nd moment of area, radius of gyration, elastic section modulus and many more properties.
The spreadsheet includes different calculators for composite sections built of different shapes joined together, thin walled section properties calculator, solid and voided section properties, and standard shape calculators. The suite includes 29 different standard steel section shapes including I shape, CHS, RHS, SHS, T shape, Z shape, Rectangular, Circular, Octagon and any regular polygon, Channel shape, Angle shape and more.
CivilWeb Steel Section Properties Excel Suite
The CivilWeb Steel Section Properties Excel Suite includes a huge range of calculator spreadsheets for steel section properties. This suite is a handy tool for any steel designer, including more than 22,000 standard sections and bespoke section calculators. Together this suite can determine the section properties of any section size or shape, either standard or non-standard. The suite includes the calculation of all the commonly used section properties including 2nd moment of area, centroid location, section modulus and many more.
Buy the CivilWeb Steel Section Properties Excel Suite now for only £19.99.
Or why not buy our best value bundle, the full CivilWeb Steel Design Suite which includes all of our steel design spreadsheets for only £49.99, a saving of 66%.
Download Free Trial Version
To try out the free trial version of this software, please enter your email address below to sign up to our newsletter and we will send your free version now.