Manning Open Channel Design Spreadsheet
The Manning Formula is used to determine the flow in open channels. The Manning formula is given below;
V = Average Water Velocity (m/s)
Q = Flow (m³/s)
This spreadsheet uses the Manning formula to calculate the flow conditions in an open channel acting under gravity only. It includes the following functions;
- Calculates the maximum flow of a liquid through an open channel under gravity
- Users can specify a trapezoidal, triangular, parabolic or rectangular channel shape and dimensions of any size
- User can alter all parameters including;
- Gives maximum flow of channel in l/s and m³/s
- Flow of pipe running full is plotted on a chart alongside other hydraulic gradients allowing the designer to quickly see how the gradient affects the flow
- Gives average flow velocity of the water in m/s
Get the full license version now for only £10.
All purchases are covered by our full money back guarantee.