This spreadsheet allows the user to estimate the ultimate load capacity of a pile using data obtained from an onsite test, either a Standard Penetration Test (SPT) or a Cone Penetration Test (CPT). These tests are often undertaken during site investigation works in advance of a piling design. They are also sometimes done as part of more general site investigation works, so suitable information may be available at the preliminary stages of a pile design project.
The spreadsheet includes a total of 9 different methodologies including those specified in the British Standard BS 8004. The full list of spreadsheets is given below;
- CPT – BS Method
- CPT – European Method – Cohesionless
- CPT – European Method – Cohesive
- CPT – Schmertmann – Cohesionless
- CPT – Schmertmann – Cohesive
- SPT – BS Method
- SPT – (Meyerhof Method – Cohesionless)
- SPT – (O’Neill & Reese Method – Cohesionless Soils)
- SPT – Pressure Injected Footing (Cohesionless)
Pile Capacity from SI Data
Enter your email address below for a free trial version of this spreadsheet.